If you have any queries about our services please email us: Southend Unitarians mailbox
Meetings are held on the first Sunday of each month 3.30pm - 4.30pm lead by a variety of congregation members, ministers and guest speakers. These often include sermon, music, hymn-singing, readings, prayer and meditation.
We also occasionally enjoy meetings from a Yogic perspective.
All visitors and enquirers are made most welcome and are invited to join us for a buffet and a chat after the service.
Unitarians do not have a specific creed, instead we are united in the beliefs that:
- Every individual has the right to develop a personal philosophy of life
- Everyone is capable of reasoning
- We do not need any other person, official or organization to tell us what to believe
- All people should be free to present religious opinions openly, without fear of censure or reprisal
- All people should be tolerant of the religious ideas of others
- Truth is not absolute; it changes over time
- Everyone should continue to search for the truth
- Everyone has an equal claim to life, liberty and justice
- People should govern themselves by democratic processes
- Ideas should be open to criticism
- Good works are the natural product of a good faith