Upper Chapel Strollers
We meet one Saturday a month for local walks and guided tours of historical and geographical interest.
For more information please contact Upper Chapel.
We meet every two weeks in the Hollis Room at 7.00pm: enter via Channing Hall on Surrey Street; to listen to music,
£1.00 includes refreshments.
See Events page for dates.
The organ is a fine three manual instrument built by Henry Wadsworth of Manchester. It was enlarged by Albert Keates of Sheffield in 1907 and extensively reconstructed in 1984. It has been completely refurbished by Trevor G Tipple in 2004.
The chapel acoustics are particularly fine and the trustees have co-operated with the city in offering facilities for chamber music concerts.