The history of our building, the congregation was formed in 1894 when Urmston was transforming from a farming
community into a rural retreat for Manchester businessmen by means of the railway.
Ensured of a congregation, the church was built in 1900.
Our church organ was built in 1910 and was moved from its original home in Bradford, East Manchester to Urmston in 1951. The organ underwent a considerable renovation in 1996, the work being dedicated to Robert J. Haslam, former Chairman and honorary organist at Queens Road.