Llwynrhydowen Unitarian Chapel
Minister: Wyn Thomas
Secretary: Mrs. C. Rees
The "new" chapel was built in 1879 after the congregation was locked out of the original chapel by the local landowner after the General Election of 1868. On the left, near to the entrance of the chapel, is the grave of the Rev. Gwilym Marles (Rev. William Thomas), who died before the new chapel was opened. The poet, Dylan (Marlais) Thomas, was his great nephew.
The interior of the chapel has a pipe organ which has recently been restored. This was transferred from the old Bell Street Mission in London when it closed. There is a gallery at the back of the building.
On the opposite side of the road is the small schoolroom and the Manse (now sold) - known as Llwyn Marles - stands above the chapel.